Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Constant Gardening Companion & Her Constant Companion

Penny is my shadow as I move around the gardens, no matter what I am doing. If I am walking, she walks along. If I am working, she waits. Sometimes she stands to wait, sometimes she settles in for the long haul. And always with her is the ball. Sometimes it is in her mouth. Occasionally, it is beside her as in this picture. More often, it is positioned behind me so that I step on it if I take a step backward. I live to garden; Penny lives to play ball.

2 comments:

Mike said...

She looks very content in that picture. Is she a border collie or an aussie or something else?

Sarah said...

She's a border collie who came to us from a rescue organization a couple of years ago. Since then, she has calmed down a bit (for a border collie) and is content at times....